BACON GUACAMOLE - Guacamole and chips are a classic party favorite, but how about kicking it up a notch with some crunchy bacon bits? This delicious combination is so easy to make and you can even use it as a sandwich spread. However, although this recipe serves two, I'll be the first to admit that I ate three quarters all by my happy self so consider doubling, even quadrupling if you're expecting company. Don't expect leftovers however, just some well-deserved compliments. ¡Buen Provecho! ♥ Lynda
An instant party favorite! It will be your new go-to dish!
Yield: 2 Servings
5 strips of bacon (more optional)
2 ripe Hass avocados
½ tomato (seeded)
1 tbsp. of red bell pepper
1 tbsp. of red onion
½ cup fresh cilantro
Salt and black ground pepper to tasteInstructions:
1. In a non-stick skillet fry bacon strips. Place on a napkin to absorb excess oil.
2. Dice red onion, tomato and red bell pepper. Seed tomato (important) and jalapeno (optional). Slice lime in half and chop up cilantro and bacon.
3. Cut avocados in half and remove pits. Cut vertical and horizontal strips directly in the shell of the avocados, then scoop out with a spoon into a mixing bowl. Use either a fork or tomato masher and mash.
4. Add all ingredients to mashed avocado.
5. Put in a serving bowl and garnish with cilantro and bacon.